Tuesday, 25 December 2012

INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (FCC123) Week VIII

MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
        It was on Tuesday 4th of December 2012, I had my Introduction to Information Technology (FCC123) class in the evening. In week eight, I learnt about Management Information System (MIS) which is an integrated collection of people, procedures, databases and devices that provide managers and decision makers with information to help achieve organizational goals. These are the functions of a MIS that prove managers with information about operations of the organization so that they can control, organize, and plan more effectively.
In Management Information System (MIS), the INPUT is TPS (Transaction Processing System) and OUTPUT is the Reports that - Summary reports- Demand Reports- Periodic Reports. These are the features of Management Information System (MIS) that used by middle managerial levels, Use Internal data stored in computer system, Produce several kinds of reports with fixed and standard formats, and lastly draws from all departments. In that features, I could describe that Management Information System (MIS) is used in management levels and stored data in computer system in order to support structured decision and provide the right information to the right person in the right format at the right time. 

DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM (DSS)
An organized collection of people, procedures, software, databases and devices used to support problem-specific decision making. A decision-support system provides a flexible tool for analysis. In DSS system, the features of itself as INPUT include Internal and External used to support unstructured problems. It also can handle large amounts of data from different sources and Consist of 4 part (U, S, D, DM).

EXECUTIVE SUPPORT SYSTEM (ESS)
During my class, I also learnt about Executive Support system that designed to support higher level of DM in Organization. The capability in this system is they help executives and senior managers analyse the environment in which the organization operates, to identify long-term trends, and to plan appropriate courses of action, and lastly Present summary information designed for top executives. 
There are 4 Characteristics of ESS
1. TPS+MIS+DSS.
2. Gain direct access information about company.
3. Used only at the most senior management levels.
4. Use internal and external data sources.


EXPERT SYSTEM (ES)
     The class was amazing when my lecturer taught us about an Expert System that has been developed to diagnosed problems, predict future events and solve problems. It was a nice part of Information System because Expert systems are part of a general category of computer applications known as artificial intelligence.


OTHER INFORMATION SYSTEM
       This was a last thing that I learnt in week eight, another information system as known as Other Information System, such as: Office Automation System, Business Information System, Strategic Information System, and Enterprise Resource Planning system.
Above all, the operating IS as using in business field as I could summarize that two things are used like, Office Automation System, and Business Information System.
What are the two things that explained about in the IS, Office Automation system collects, processes, stores and transmits data and information in the form of electronic office communication. Whereas the Business information systems support the operational and managerial applications of the basic business functions of a firm.
I have leant all about Information System for the whole week, and I could understand a little bit only. I wish I could understand what the lecturer has taught me about IS and the other thing in order to make myself more expert at Information System.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Profiles

My name is Muhammad Yazid and I am from Aceh, Indonesia. I was born on 1st of January 1992. I am a student at Albukhary International University (AiU) and I am studying in Foundation Studies Program (FSP).
I like to play football, roller-blade and guitar.
I love listening to music and watching movie.
My favorite colors are blue, pink, white, and black.
My lovely bands are Simple Plan, Sum41, One Direction, Linkin Park and ST12.

Globe Map

©Muhammad Yazid - Powered ByBlogger Thanks to Blogger Templates | punta cana dominican republic