Monday, 24 December 2012

INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (FCC123) Week I

DATA AND INFORMATION
         In the first class of Introduction to Information Technology (IT), I had my class on Wednesday, 10th of October 2012. My classmates and I learnt about the different between data and information; the economics and problems associated with information management. It was the first session of Introduction to Information Technology (IT).  My lecturer, Miss Khairunnisha had explained us clearly, and I could understand what she taught about, and I thought this topic was quite easy because I had known all about the data and information before. So, I could understand that data and information should be together because a group of data was called information. When data was grouped, it became information in order to become knowledge. 
       In additions, the incorrect data could not create the correct information because computer phrased the correct information was created from the correct data and it was called Garbage in, Garbage out (GiGo). 

        There were the qualities of valuable information such as; accurate, variable, timely, organized, complete, and useful. Information could be a capital resource, especially for companies that produce information-based on products and services. In extra additional, Information Technology has fundamentally transformed information availability, changing the economics and business. Before using the connectivity, a lot of companies had to deliver a lot of highly interactive information to people, they either had to pay a lot of money or settle for communicating with a limited number of people. Now, everyone is able to have incredibly rich communication with everyone else because of Connectivity: the Internet, and Standards: Web standards, Internet standards, Application Standards, Database standards, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Profiles

My name is Muhammad Yazid and I am from Aceh, Indonesia. I was born on 1st of January 1992. I am a student at Albukhary International University (AiU) and I am studying in Foundation Studies Program (FSP).
I like to play football, roller-blade and guitar.
I love listening to music and watching movie.
My favorite colors are blue, pink, white, and black.
My lovely bands are Simple Plan, Sum41, One Direction, Linkin Park and ST12.

Globe Map

©Muhammad Yazid - Powered ByBlogger Thanks to Blogger Templates | punta cana dominican republic