Monday, 24 December 2012

INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (FCC123) Week III

COMPUTER
In this week, I had my ICT class on Thursday, 25th of October 2012. It was my tutorial class in ICT building room one and I was taught about the computer and revolutions of computer. Moreover, I could summarize that computer was an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program. It was an important thing that I had to learn from my lecturer, Miss Khairunnisha, because computer is the main point of learning Information Technology (IT). Nowadays, the categories of computers are Embedded, Mobile, Personal, Midrange, Mainframe and Super computer.
       Another thing that was taught by my lecturer was revolutions of computer. 
There are five evolution of computer.
1. First Generation (1940-1950)      Vacuum Tube / Electron Tube.
First electronic computer ENIAC in 1945.
UNIVAC (Universal Automatic Computer) in 1950.

2. Second Generation (1950-1964)      Transistors
The most computer = IBM 1401.
High level languages (COBOL: Common Business-Oriented Language and FORTRAN: formula translator)
3. Third Generation (1950 – 1964)        Integrated Circuits (IC)
Integrated circuit (microchip) combines thousands of transistors, entire circuit on one computer chip.                                 
User start use OS, keyboard and Monitor
4. Fourth Generation (1974 – Present)       VLSI / ULSI
Integrated circuits  (microchip)
VLSI = Very Large-Scale Integration
ULSI = Ultra Large Scale Integration
5.Fifth Generation (Now and the Future)
Based on artificial intelligence - computers can think, reason and learn.
Primary means of input (Voice and Touch).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Profiles

My name is Muhammad Yazid and I am from Aceh, Indonesia. I was born on 1st of January 1992. I am a student at Albukhary International University (AiU) and I am studying in Foundation Studies Program (FSP).
I like to play football, roller-blade and guitar.
I love listening to music and watching movie.
My favorite colors are blue, pink, white, and black.
My lovely bands are Simple Plan, Sum41, One Direction, Linkin Park and ST12.

Globe Map

©Muhammad Yazid - Powered ByBlogger Thanks to Blogger Templates | punta cana dominican republic